Buy or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BarfBag, Jul 21, 2005.

  1. BarfBag macrumors member

    Dec 13, 2004
    Hey guys. I'm a teenager on a tight budget, but I could squeeze out enough to buy a Mac. I'm only an intern. My job ends in about 5 weeks. I will not get back the money that I spend until I find another job when this one ends. That means, I want what I get to last me at least 4 years (maybe longer). Should I wait until the Intel Mac Mini comes out, or buy now? I don't have all the money I need yet, but I will in about 2 or 3 weeks.
  2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus


    Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    This is easy: If you need it now, buy it. If you can wait, wait. Remember though, the longer you wait, the longer you don't have a new Mac. Pretty simple decision to me.
  3. wdlove macrumors P6


    Oct 20, 2002
    If you have the money soon and need a Mac now, then go ahead and purchase now. I personally wouldn't want to purchase the Rev. A Intel Mac. My current Power Mac has been in operation since September 2000, so you shouldn't worry about it lasting. Your parents must be very proud that you've earned the money on your own. ;)
  4. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a


    May 18, 2005
    The mini is getting an Power PC update next week according to ThinkSecret. Look for a much better version. If you need a computer now, get it. If you want to wait for a year or so until the Intel version is out, then wait.
  5. _DsK_ macrumors newbie

    Jun 9, 2005
    London (West), England
    Argh, rumours about the mini being updated 'next week' have been circulating the forums for months now, personally i wouldnt count on it, but if it does materialise, all the more better for us all!!!
  6. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a


    May 18, 2005

    Yeah but now they have the model numbers for 2 new iBooks ($999, $1299) and 3 new minis ($499, $599, $699)
  7. sw1tcher macrumors 65816


    Jan 6, 2004
    And the ship time for the iBook is showing 5-7 days while the Mac mini is showing 4-6 days. A very good indicator that updates are imminent.

Share This Page