Buy PB now or wait for Tiger?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by NewToMac, Feb 26, 2005.

  1. NewToMac macrumors newbie

    Feb 26, 2005
    Hi all,

    I am new to here, great forum!!

    I am currently a Windows user, and MAC has never been more than a "nice looking gadget" to me. However, lately, MAC has drawn into my attention. The more I look at it, the more i want it. It is even more unresistable hearing all the praise about OSX.

    The question is, should i get it now or wait for Tiger? I know Tiger is said to be introduced in the first half of 2005, however, on the other hand, the New PB line up has just been introduced. When do you think Tiger will be ready to ship with PB? If that's within 6 months, I think i will wait. At the mean time, I will put the money into the apple stock, and hopefully it will generate some extra cash for build a better PB. :p

    Seeing the trend, Apple is more superior in the digital arena (at least i feel that way. Ipod and in general professionals use apple for their digital work), therefore, I do have a lot of expection on its stock. What do you all think?

  2. kindofblue macrumors newbie

    Aug 13, 2004
    Well, a lot of that depends on what you're doing right now. If you're a student about to go to college, I would definitely wait for Tiger, but if you're not, you could go both ways... Wait for Tiger if you have a heavier wallet.
  3. yellow Moderator emeritus


    Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
  4. wdlove macrumors P6


    Oct 20, 2002
    If you aren't in need of a new computer right now, then I would highly recommend waiting. Until all the PowerBooks are sold that already have Panther on them are sold. If you purchase around the time of the release, Apple wii set the requirements. Then you can purchase Tiger for $19.95, essentially S&H.
  5. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

    Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    I would wait if i were you. You will get Tiger and possibly another upgrade on the PB line, but that is doubtfull.
  6. NewToMac thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 26, 2005
    Thanks all for your help

    Thanks for all that replied.

    I think I am going to wait for Tiger. My PC is still fairely new (<1 year), so I don't have to have it now. Thanks again.

Share This Page