Buy & return new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AppleMooseMan, Nov 29, 2012.

  1. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    #1
    Hey - I've decided to order the 27inch but since it won't be coming for a few weeks I thought I may order the 21inch and then return it once the 27inch is released. I heard a lot of people doing this during the iPad mini launch.
    They would buy a wifi one and then once the LTE one was released they would return and buy the new one.
    Anyone else doing this?
     
  2. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2010
    #2
    please, please don't do this. Stocks are already extremely limited, you'll be taking away an imac that someone else really wants, just to avoid a couple of weeks wait.

    I don't think I'd ever do this, it's just not the right thing to do, especially when we know there's little stock and we've all been waiting a long time already for this update.
     
  3. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2007
    #3
    It also seems like a lot of hassle. I'd rather just wait a few weeks like a grown up.
     
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2012
    #4
    You're right - I've reconsidered and it wouldn't be right considering the amount of people who want this new machine along with the supply constraints.
    I'm going to order the 27inch and wait patiently.

    ----------

    I've been waiting "like a grown up" since March.
     
  5. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2010
    #5
    good decision mate, it'll be worth waiting for :)
     
  6. macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2006
    #6
    that would be very bad form my friend. people have been waiting a very long time for these, and you are going to take one out of circulation only to return it. Then Apple will have to refurbish it, and sell it at a discount, which cuts into their profit margin. Thus stealing from their stockholders. Simply because you can't wait for the computer you are ordering.
     
  7. macrumors 68030

    Spink10

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2011
  8. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2012
    #8
    If you know you want the 27-inch, then just wait for it to arrive.

    I am unsure if I want the 21 or 27-inch, so I might trade what I have now (HATE it) for the 21-inch. I *think* it will meet my needs, but since they haven't released all the details for pricing and everything yet, I'm just not sure.
     
  9. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    #9
    Forget Apple and the Consumers....
    Buy a 21.5" now, then return in your 14 day window period and re-order the 27" when you want it.

    Then when it hits the refurbished market I will buy it.... Maybe....

    It's not like this is life or death here, do what you want to and forget everybody
     
  10. macrumors 6502

    boto

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2012
    #10
    It's your money man... I would only resort to this buying decision if I recently sold my previous mac and am without a computer. Otherwise, it seems impractical to waste your time and effort in refunding and returning the iMac.
     
  11. macrumors 68000

    RoastingPig

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2012
    Location:
    SoCal
    #11
    i did this with cmbp and the rmbp because i didn't know wich one i wanted better so i bought em on amazon because that's the easiest place to return to. no return fees if u say the product is defected wich they weren't and they also payed my return fees. so i first bought the rmbp and used it for a week but i was like is this screen really worth not being able to upgrade the hdd and ram so i returned it after a week then i bought the cmbp and saw how garbage the screen was it looked like a fisher price leap frog screen so i return that and now i have my retina wich was worth it. who cares about if other people dont get it they should of acted faster
     

Share This Page