Buy the Mac Book NOW!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dfndr90, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Dfndr90 macrumors regular

Dfndr90

I am going to go out on a limb and tell everyone how great my BlackBook is. I am a long time PC user and have had the BlackBook C2D since the day it came out. The build quality is excellent, the screen bright with no dead pixels and the built in Mouse button is solid and has a great click feel to it. The computer starts up within 10 to 15 seconds, and shuts down just as fast. I have had no Kernel panics, beach balls or "blue" Screens of death. I only have one gig of ram, yet Photo shop CS2 runs 4 to 5 times faster than it did on my Windows machine, and it is not running natively. The Airport connection is instantly on at startup and never searches. It pulls the signal through many solid brick walls in my old Victorian house. While traveling, and on airplanes, I have learned to turn off both Airport and Blue tooth, and turn the screen brightness down to one block before turning it off and I have gotten 6+ hours of battery life that includes watching the entire Miami Vice movie while on a trip to Seattle. I have not had any heat issues, no loud hard drives, and no mooing fans. The Mac Book is so quiet, if I let it sit, the only way I know it is on is via the pulsing white light button. I run Office 2004 for Mac and have no issues sending files to PC machines. The Ilife series is the easiest software I have used and functions seamlessly throughout the whole series (i.e. Ilife, Iphoto, Itune, .MAC ect.). The ONLY problem i have had is getting used to not being able to right click. To solve that, I have bought the Blue tooth Mighty Mouse and it works flawlessly as well. I seriously do not think I will ever go back to the Windows PC except in my work issued laptop. I may add a second gig of ram, but have not ever sat at the computer wishing I had it. I would assume that there are thousands of very satisfied MacBook owners out there, yet this forum only bring out the problems. This is natural and is the nature of a forum such as this. If I had any single problem with my Mac, this would be the first place I would post due to the wealth of knowledge on this board.
    Anyone thinking about buying a Macbook, stop thinking and do it, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Matt...

2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

They are great arnt they! I have a MBP and I dont play games too much so I am very tempted to bet a MacBook.

BTW to right click you can place two fingers on the track=pad and press the mouse button. That is a great feature!

3. vniow macrumors G4

There, now people can actually read it.

4. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Y'know I've had the same machine since the start of December and apart from slightly intermittant down curser key the thing is absolutely soild. My previous machines were powerbooks (12s) and whilst I like the nice alu feel the plastic of the macbook aint that bad and that matt finish isn't the nightmare to keep clean i thought it might be.

it was rock solid when i djed out the other night too (using Ableton Live). Very happy with that.

It's pretty much silent too. Fans not coming on that much compared to my powerbooks and even then it's quieter.

So yeah worth every penny I payed for it.

5. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

THANK YOU!!!! <<grumbles about newbies who don't know how to type>>

6. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Thank you. I tried to read it before and it nearly gave me a headache...

7. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Agreed. I read the first sentence and the last sentence, got the jist of what that massive paragraph was about, and called it a day.

Seriously- how hard is it to create a nice, coherent post? Paragraphs, people- paragraphs!

8. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Thanks, I was going to read the first few sentence and the last sentence..but that makes it all better. :D

9. Dfndr90 thread starter macrumors regular

Dfndr90

Wow,

I apologize for offending all of your English Language sensibilities. I was just on a roll writing about my Mac, and lost my head. I will go home and read Eats Shoots and Leaves again!

10. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Yeah, we're pretty picky around here sometimes. Just be glad you weren't writing about your "MAC". :eek:

11. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

This is a nice testimonial from a PC switcher...

Thanks for 'editing' it as well - easier to read...;)

12. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Seriously though, if you want people to actually read your post, or even take it seriously, you have to know how to make it...oh, I don't know...readable? Rambling is fine, but is it so hard to hit the Return key from time to time??? I'm pickier than most, but it's ridiculous how unreadable some posts are from what seems like 14 year old kids who only know how to type one sentence paragraphs and in l33t sp33k no less.

My high school english teacher would have shot you with her big game hunting rifle from 400 yards if she saw you write that paragraph. She may have been a small grey haired 60 year old woman, but she wouldn't have missed. :eek:

13. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I could read the original post ok.

Finally some posts about good solid apple hardware. I like to hear things like that after all the RSD/whining/rarara we've been hearing all year.

14. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

15. Gosh macrumors 6502

Idon'tseeanyproblemwithhispostmyselfIthinkit'sratherniceactually!

Welcome! Better to be got at than ignored - believe me!

Hello! Hello, anyone there? Anyone :eek: I'm alone!

(ps don't forget to run a regular maintenance utility like:http://www.atomicbird.com/macaroni )

16. matthew24 macrumors 6502

matthew24

Go!

Now go and post your message on any Windows bulletinboard you can find, starting with www.neowin.net! ;) :D

(neowin has an Apple section!)

17. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

I am dying to get a Macbook; I've been waiting since last Nov to get one
    (when the 13" iBook-replacement rumors first started). When they came out,
    I didn't wan't to mess with rev a models, and I was glad I waited. But the
    reason that I'm not getting one "NOW" is because MWSF is only 4 days away,
    and it will be nice to get iLife '07 for free. Who knows, there could even be a
    price-reduction...

18. VortexOfPain macrumors member

Right clicking

Just a tip, since you made a comment about adjusting to not having a right click. Make sure you go to your Track Pad settings and turn on the two finger right click. This way, use two fingers to scroll, tap those fingers to right click.

I've gotten so used to this that I can't stand not having it now.

19. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

sorry i couldn't read all of that. but as far as buying, i would tell everyone not to buy anything til after tuesday for sure

20. myshoeshurt macrumors regular

myshoeshurt

This is great to read! I am going to be upgrading from my iBook G4 to a MacBook C2D 2.0 in about a week... I hope mine runs as flawlessly as yours!:)

21. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

BTW if you have CS2 you can get the UB CS3 beta free!

22. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your MacBook Dfndr90. :)

Nice post. :)

23. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I don't remember the ToS on this forum stating that it requires you to use perfect English.

BAH!!!