Buyer Beware- Fraud is all over

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mrdefense, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Mrdefense macrumors newbie

Jan 31, 2006
    I am new to MacRumors, so I have no idea why they locked the thread titled "Mac & Mac Sales... Legit?". I am here to tell you that the information in that thread just saved me $1100.00. Between that thread and an older one "Fraudulent Mac Retailers" helped me piece together within 2 hours of wiring the money to the site.
    My bank was closed so I went straight to his bank "Bank of America" Corperate security division and through documentation obtained from this site, Google and another similar site was able to piece together this guy's scam. The bank siezed my money and although I don't have it right now; neither does he. It may take a few weeks to pan out but I will get my money back. I am a lucky one. The scam site is very nicely done. These guys get better with each scam site. The givaway is the whois search that shows 30 days online and the IP address to previous "Mac" fraud sites: = = =
    *************.com =

and of course currently =
    all running under

So rest assured the site is a scam and should you wire money, you will never get a thing. This guy is out of Canada and the authorities as well as his bank are aware of his activities as of tonight.

I am greatful for this forum.

2. Mrdefense thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 31, 2006
    Was not sure were this thread would fit so I thought I would try here.
    A year ago I made a post after being defrauded and then having the funds seized.

I am trying to find anyone else who may have wired money around 1/31/06 to I think there may be some funds to collect back from the bank, but it will all depend on when you sent it. I have a lot of information and I know the bank has a lot of information about this, but they are not giving the funds back so easily even though they seized the money from the perpetrator.

Just post back here or do a private email and we can discuss it to see if we can work together to recover the lost funds.