Buyer Conundrum (MBP 2.0GHz order)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pacman7331, Apr 20, 2006.

1. pacman7331 macrumors regular

pacman7331

--------------------------------

I just ordered my MBP 2.0Ghz from apple. It's supposedly arriving some time next week...

Any suggestions?

Also wondering what price would you think I might get for this by the time it's completly outdated ~6 months???

I've been saving all year for that new MBP and sold -- my old prelude+ it's spare engine head, old PC, 60gb Ipod Video (after I heard the new one was soon arriving), and worked my ass off.

So it still hasn't arrived. But would you :(
    RETURN it if you thought:

a) It's usabilty was <~ a year for developers or students needing to keep up with latest software releases?
    b) Was doing to be 1/2 the computer that the next model is to be <~ 6 months?
    c) The ~1 month release of the 17" MBP lowering the average price of a 15" MBPs a couple of hundred dollars. (shipping would cost as low as 30$)
    d) Was just a little pissed off?
    e) Any or all of the above

=? :confused:

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I wouldn't be pissed...

If I were you - I wouldn't post like that anymore. Kinda obnoxious. :rolleyes:

3. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I would wait. first, the mbp won't be outdated in 6 months. it just won't. But if you want a computer that will last for years, (64bit gaming etc) wait until merom comes out as the news is today that it will be much sooner than expected.

Everything is going to 64 bit, might as well get a computer that will handle it (even if it is 2008 before we see moree apps/OS to go along with it. More ram is always nice also

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'd recommend that you please stop typing so obnoxiously. I mean, the different fonts aren't necessary. We can read fine without you making changes so that certain things in your post stand out. Even bold or italics would be ok with us, I think. Just don't bold your entire post, either.