Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

It's still back to school season, so deals continue to be decent as retailers attempt to lure customers into their stores for school supplies. For the first time, Best Buy is offering discounts on the Retina MacBook, dropping the price by up to $80. Several models of the MacBook Air are also available at a discount, some at the lowest prices we've seen.

Apple's Back to School promotion is still going on both in stores and online, with Apple offering a free pair of Beats Solo2 headphones with the purchase of an eligible Mac. Eligible Macs include the iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, and Mac Pro.

As always, we've rounded up discounts on some useful Apple accessories and we've found plenty of deals on apps and games this week.

iPad Air 2

Discounts on the iPad Air 2 are mediocre this week, so it may be best to hold off on purchasing. For those who need a new tablet immediately, however, there are a few minor deals.

ipad-air-2-group.jpg

B&H Photo is offering a discount on some of its iPad Air 2 models, dropping prices by $30 to $75. With the discount, the 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2 is priced at $569. MacMall is offering many of the same discounts, also dropping the price on the 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air 2 to $569.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Buyer's Guide: Discounts on Retina MacBook, MacBook Air, Apple Accessories, and More

Last edited:

Mockenrue

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2013
- 2014 27-inch 3.5GHz/8GB/1TB Retina iMac (Adorama) (B&H Photo) (MacMall) - $2,099.99, $100 off

I think the one above is actually $2,199.99 (which is $100 off and matches those sites)

Potential buyers may also want to consider calling Apple for a price match, because they may match the max 10% off which can push the price even lower. When Best Buy had a $2,099 offer on this model, I called Apple and their price match ended up being $2,070 + 6% tax, whereas my Best Buy price would have been $2,099 + 7% tax.

Reactions: burgman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.