Buying 2 Refurbished imac g5s

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Macmadant, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone i'm planning to buy two refurbished iMac g5s they are the first generation 1.8 ghz 17" screen, and just wanted some experience of refurbished products not buying from apple because they charge about £50 more for the 1.6ghz model with no superdrive. thanks

2. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I bought a refurb Powerbook and I couldn't be happier. This is probably the best purchase I've ever made. I recommend it.

4. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Half my life is built off refurbished or used items. I have an ibook G4 that was refurbished and the hardware is impeccable (though I had a HD failure and dead battery issue, still worth it). I just recently purchased two refurbed video cards and a refurbed dvd burner from New Egg; all work great, the former flashed to Mac with no problem...

So yeah. Go refurb, just make sure you understand the return policy. :)

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I love refurbs, just make sure they have applecare and try and extend the warranty via Applecare, then at least you'll have peace of mind...Also good choice on the iMac G5's there great!

SHadOW

6. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Cancom seems to be around £65 cheaper than the Apple refurb store and the added warranty for £99 is a good thing.

I'd say go for it. I know a couple of people who've bought from Cancom and it's been a good experience.

8. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

what is the return poicy?

9. dcv macrumors G3

I've bought refurbished iMacs from both Apple and Cancom and have a positive experience from both. Both were cosmetically perfect and both came in the original boxes, not in brown cartons. The box from Cancom was pretty tatty though. The returns policy is a 28-day period for refunds with Cancom. With the Apple Store I think you only get a 14 day period. Cancom refurbs come with their own 1-year warranty which is not "AppleCare" but covers pretty much the same, from what I know. The 20" Rev B iMac I bought from Cancom had a slight buzzing sound, which turned out to be a defective PSU - they fixed it promptly for me, so overall I've been very happy with the service from them.

10. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great news so this 1 year warrenty if anything goes wrong i can send it back and get it fixed:)