buying a Blackberry - need recommendations

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by memphismac, Jun 27, 2006.

1. memphismac macrumors member

- model
    - service
    - what I NEED, what I don't really need
    - buy it from the service provider / Amazon / another online vendor

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated...

2. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

sorry, i dont know much about blackberries, but this should be in the buying tips, advice, and discussion thread.

3. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

The model that will work/be available is going to depend on the cell carrier. I think it's more important choose your carrier. Since it is their service/support that you will be dealing with. Once you know who then look at the phones.

4. awraisch macrumors newbie

- the newest model is the hottest, it was such a jump from it's previous versions, which pale in comparison
    -DO NOT buy from amazon or other online services. I've found that you get the best customer service if you but straight from a service carrier. I'm on my 4th or 5th BB right now, so i've been down mostly all the paths. (and T-mobile blackberries suck)

hope this helps!

5. CompUser Guest

My dad has a Blackberry 7130e from verizon wireless. Its pretty cool but it gets horrible battery life (he bought a 2nd battery) and it has Verizon's horrific phone operating system that constantly freezes up. Its good because it does not have the full QWERTY keyboard that makes the phone extremely wide.

If I were you I would look at the motorola moto q. Unfortunately it has verizon's OS but it is only $199.

[​IMG]

6. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Really? I swear its windows mobile.

7. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I recently bought my first Blackberry from T-Mobile, the 8700g. I love it!

Can't say what you really "need." I bought a case to go with it, I find I don't use it much unless I'm throwing it in a bag. I keep it in my pocket, no problems.