Buying a Macbook Pro: Should I buy wait for Leopard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mast0r, Oct 15, 2006.

  1. mast0r macrumors newbie

    Oct 15, 2006
    Hey guys

    I need two new Macbook Pro's within the next months. I mean the recent models with the 2.16ghz processor are quite nice.


    - Are there faster chips expected to come with Leopard next Spring?

    - Are there general rumors about an upgrade to Macbook Pro's within the next few months?

    On the one hand, I need these Notebooks pretty soon, on the other hand I would go crazy if those computers would be upgraded soon after my purchase... ;-)

    Thanks, mast0r
  2. Yakamoto macrumors 6502

    Oct 14, 2006
    Planet Earth
    Being that all other manufactuers have moved to the new C2D's in their portables. It should be only a matter of time before Apple does the same.
    I'd suspect sometime before the holidays (don't quote me on that)
    only a matter
  3. iBookG4user macrumors 604


    Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    There are faster chips expected to come with Leopard next Spring, that would be the merom chip with Santa Rosa platform. Yes there are general rumors to upgrade the chips in the MacBook Pro. Although these rumors have been circulating around since merom's lauch several months ago. I just bought a MacBook Pro 5 days ago and love it, sure I'll be agrivated when a new upgrade happens but at least I have my computer now and am not at the mercy of waiting. There are always rumors of upgrades, you just have to go out and buy it sometime.
  4. cschreppel macrumors regular

    Jul 17, 2006
    Boston, MA
    As it has been said before - if you can wait, wait. If you need them now, get them now.
  5. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

    Mar 15, 2005
  6. Play Ultimate macrumors 6502

    Oct 13, 2005
    Since did not upgrade to 10.4 at all (still running 10.3.9) and really don't NEED a computer right now, I am planning on waiting until 10.5. And then buy ASAP! :)
  7. John Walsh macrumors newbie

    Oct 16, 2006

    Personally, I am getting a MacBook Pro, and I will wait. It's much better to wait for Lepoard—and the faster chips in the Spring. If you can, do that.
  8. miles01110 macrumors Core


    Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    If you have a month or two you may as well wait. If Apple doesn't upgrade by then they will probably have a rebellion on their hands anyways :)

    The Core Duo is very fast though- you won't be disappointed with a current MBP .

Share This Page