buying a new imac!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by afornander, Sep 6, 2006.

1. afornander macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2006
    hello, ive bin on this forum for a few months now and im finaly getting a mac!!
    * 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    * 1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x512
    * 160GB Serial ATA drive
    * SuperDrive 8X (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    * Keyboard & Mighty Mouse + Mac OS X - U.S. English
    * ATI Radeon X1600 128MB SDRAM
    * 17-inch widescreen LCD
    * AirPort Extreme
    * Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR

i will be ordering it hopefully tomorow thru my uncle's school discount (hes a teacher)
    is there anything i should know? i will be taking pics of the opening, and i know most of the app's that are recomended for download.
    how long should the shipping take? it says 1-2 buisness day's but that sounds unreallistick. it is stock so it shouldt be that long!!!
    also, will windows vista install through bootcamp more easily because its 64bit now?

PS: sorry about misspelling, im really exited!!!:D
  2. cgratti macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    Central Pennsylvania, USA
  3. afornander thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2006
    no, didnt have enough money $$$. its the 2.00GHZ 17" model, check my first post
  4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    Congrats -- I think you'll really love the machine. I used to have a 20" iMac at work and I miss it.

Does this change your sig, then?
  5. Sobering macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2006
    It says 1-2 days shipping but you read that wrong. Once you get to the order page you get the truth. It's 1-2 days to get out of their factory then once your about to confirm your order you chose which shipping you want, which could take anywhere from 4-12 days I think.

Anyways, I have an iMac on order too ;) Check out my awesome thing that happened to me today:
  6. afornander thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2006
    i havent changed that in like a month, thanx for reminding me;)
  7. amin macrumors 6502a

Aug 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sweet, congrats! I share your excitement. I ordered this morning the exact same model you are getting. I think it represents truly great value. Expect Apple to take 1-2 days to process your order and get it out the door, but in fact it may be much quicker. It may remain in transit for up to a week (the iMac we ordered for work two weeks ago took this long). Meaning that if you order today, it should get to you by next Friday. That said, I ordered today and Apple is quoting me expected delivery tomorrow. I think that is a mistake though, so I am expecting delivery next week. I'll be really happy if it comes tomorrow though :).
  8. afornander thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2006
    that stinks, a well. ive waited 5 months to get a mac, i can wait a bit longer. im so happy about the upgrade today, merom!!!:D
  9. Saternoc macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2009
    iMac Screen

Recently my aunt's iMac screen went completely black. She took it to the apple store and they told her that it would cost her about $700.00. I started doing browsing around and found that iMac's esp. the 24 inch screens are susceptible to getting spots or lines running through their screens.
    I was wondering if you knew if Apple took of this issue because I am considering purchasing a "desktop" Mac. Would I just be better off with a mac mini and a separate screen? I don't do professional photo editing or heavy gaming incase you were wondering. However I do like that the iMac has better graphics, a stronger processor, and more hard drive space.
  10. montycat macrumors 6502

Mar 19, 2007
    Can someone please post a link for the education 17" iMac? I can never find it for some reason. MC
  11. RSW macrumors member

May 13, 2009
    Yea, it took about 9 days for my IMac to get to me via the free standard shipping. When I ordered my Air I went with the overnight shipping for something like $30 and it was well worth it.
  12. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

Aug 8, 2007
    Takamatsu, Japan
    Why are you adding this to the end of long dead threads and more importantly why are you cross/double posting?