buying a new imac!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by afornander, Sep 6, 2006.

1. afornander macrumors 6502

hello, ive bin on this forum for a few months now and im finaly getting a mac!!
    iMac
    * 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    * 1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x512
    * 160GB Serial ATA drive
    * SuperDrive 8X (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    * Keyboard & Mighty Mouse + Mac OS X - U.S. English
    * ATI Radeon X1600 128MB SDRAM
    * 17-inch widescreen LCD
    * AirPort Extreme
    * Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR

i will be ordering it hopefully tomorow thru my uncle's school discount (hes a teacher)
    is there anything i should know? i will be taking pics of the opening, and i know most of the app's that are recomended for download.
    how long should the shipping take? it says 1-2 buisness day's but that sounds unreallistick. it is stock so it shouldt be that long!!!
    also, will windows vista install through bootcamp more easily because its 64bit now?

thanks!!!

PS: sorry about misspelling, im really exited!!!:D

2. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

3. afornander thread starter macrumors 6502

no, didnt have enough money $$$. its the 2.00GHZ 17" model, check my first post

4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Congrats -- I think you'll really love the machine. I used to have a 20" iMac at work and I miss it.

Does this change your sig, then?

5. Sobering macrumors regular

It says 1-2 days shipping but you read that wrong. Once you get to the order page you get the truth. It's 1-2 days to get out of their factory then once your about to confirm your order you chose which shipping you want, which could take anywhere from 4-12 days I think.

Anyways, I have an iMac on order too ;) Check out my awesome thing that happened to me today: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=231204

6. afornander thread starter macrumors 6502

i havent changed that in like a month, thanx for reminding me;)

7. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

Sweet, congrats! I share your excitement. I ordered this morning the exact same model you are getting. I think it represents truly great value. Expect Apple to take 1-2 days to process your order and get it out the door, but in fact it may be much quicker. It may remain in transit for up to a week (the iMac we ordered for work two weeks ago took this long). Meaning that if you order today, it should get to you by next Friday. That said, I ordered today and Apple is quoting me expected delivery tomorrow. I think that is a mistake though, so I am expecting delivery next week. I'll be really happy if it comes tomorrow though :).

8. afornander thread starter macrumors 6502

that stinks, a well. ive waited 5 months to get a mac, i can wait a bit longer. im so happy about the upgrade today, merom!!!:D

9. Saternoc macrumors newbie

iMac Screen

Recently my aunt's iMac screen went completely black. She took it to the apple store and they told her that it would cost her about $700.00. I started doing browsing around and found that iMac's esp. the 24 inch screens are susceptible to getting spots or lines running through their screens.
    I was wondering if you knew if Apple took of this issue because I am considering purchasing a "desktop" Mac. Would I just be better off with a mac mini and a separate screen? I don't do professional photo editing or heavy gaming incase you were wondering. However I do like that the iMac has better graphics, a stronger processor, and more hard drive space.

10. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

Can someone please post a link for the education 17" iMac? I can never find it for some reason. MC

11. RSW macrumors member

RSW

Yea, it took about 9 days for my IMac to get to me via the free standard shipping. When I ordered my Air I went with the overnight shipping for something like $30 and it was well worth it.

12. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Why are you adding this to the end of long dead threads and more importantly why are you cross/double posting?