Buying a new iMac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by coolocity, Jun 27, 2002.

1. coolocity macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2002
    Central New York
    Well, I'm getting the new iMac after MWNY, but I can't figure out where to buy it. Does anyone know of any online retailers that usually sell things cheaper than Apple? I know you can get em referbished (sp) for about $1599, but that doesn't necessarily come with all the cool software. Any think they can help?
  2. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    macwarehouse is not bad...sometimes they give you extras like ram and printers

maczone and macmall are similar
  3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    jef, don't forget macconnection.

If you are looking for some great deals, try Small Dog. They do have excellent deals on older Macs.

Best of luck. And wait until the new year begins, on July 17. :cool:
  4. coolocity thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2002
    Central New York
    Yeah, thanks for that site though. I just hope I don't get jipped out of some software for paying $300 less or so on a mac. Do macs come with backup CDs that have the software on them? They have to, right?
  5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    I remember that my original iMac and iBook Firewire came with ALL the software that should be included for the Mac, such as the OS, Restore, Software, etc. However, to be honest, I don't cleary remember if the Cube I got off them came with the necessary software. I don't think it did, so I had to carry over software from my other computers.

Well, if you are not sure, you could try to email them and ask if their computers come with all the software. It doesn't hurt to ask, does it? :cool:
  6. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2002
    Commerce Township
    I like even thought that their site is hosted off a windoze server:mad: :mad: :mad:
  7. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2002
    I like to give credit card numbers to Windoze servers, because that nice man from Redmond told me that he's all about trustworthy computing, and protecting my privacy...
  8. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2001
    Every mac shipped has restore cd's, a mac os x install cd, an applications cd, diagnostics cds, and blank cd's.

Don't buy one without them.

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

You can also try ClubMac which offers free Ram an Printers, Also there always is DealMac.;)