Buying a new Ipod... any advice?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by wimic, Sep 19, 2006.

?

Which Pod would You buy if you were me?

1. 60gig Ipod Video

66.7%
  2. 30gig Ipod Movie

33.3%
  1. wimic macrumors regular

wimic

So i've decided to call it quits with my old ipod (4g, 20gig) and move on to bigger and better things. I'm considering buying either the 60gig ipod video (which i can get today for the low low price of $349.99 CAD) or I can wait until next week or later (when the new 30gig ipod movie) is released and the wait lists die down and get that for $299.99 CAD. for the extra 30 gigs of space i may as well spend the extra $50 (right??)... i should add that i'm really eager to get a new ipod and that the movie option isn't something that i would really use that often.

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

WAIT FOR MEROM!

oh, this is ipod...

how much music do you have? I can't see the point of keeping more than 30GB of music in a ipod, i'm sorry, i just can't..
    the movie isn't the only new feature.. would you care for some more battery? and if you have close to 30GB, would you like a more smooth search function?

3. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

4. trenzterra macrumors newbie

I suggest just going for it now. But get those enhanced 5Gs, the 80GB or 30GB ones.

The 6G is rumoured to be out in January, but as always, the first few batches will have those annoying problems that takes a few months to be ironed out. So unless you can wait six months...

5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I picked up a refurbed 60GB near the middle/end of August, it was one of the best decisions i made when they were $300, and now they're even cheaper! From what i hear the brighter backlight isn't that significant (and i think the 60GB's older backlight is too bright as it is, i turned its brightness down!). I would say most of us agree that the new search feature, while neat, does not merit the price difference between the older and newer 5Gs so i can't really recommend the new 30.

6. mattthemutt macrumors regular

mattthemutt

7. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

8. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

recently i put a 30GB iPod (V2) on laybuy and the apple guy at the shop said that he would recomend the 30GB to basically anyone except for people with over 30GB of music/.movies/pictures/podcasts
    so i say go with the 30GB
    and with the new one you get the new headphones it doesnt really mean anything but still you get them

9. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

No offense to Calgary, but I like Houston better