Buying a new mac and ilife 05 question...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nospleen, Jan 15, 2005.

1. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

If I buy a new mac from Apples website, will it come with ilife 05? Also, what about the refurbs, will Apple include a copy of the new ilife?

2. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Until January 22nd, I would say that all new Macs ordered (except the Mac mini which definitely will not ship until then) will ship with iLife 04. If you absolutely cannot wait one more week to order your new Mac, I believe you can qualify for the iLife up-to-date program where you will be able to upgrade for like $20.

As for a refurbed Mac you definitely won't get iLife 05 before Jan 22nd (as above), but I don't know about afterwards. I would reason that these systems were originally configured before iLife 05 so they may very likely not have updated software. I don't think it would even qualify for the up-to-date program.

3. thrillz3 macrumors member

Actually, if you buy it now I thought you send for a voucher for a free upgrade to '05. I saw it on a page on apple.com somewhere the other day...

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i doubt that thrillz, thats not how apple's programs usually work, up to date is specifically for machine bought jan 11 to march or later.

5. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure which page you are referring to, but this page states that computers bought on or after Jan 11th that don't have iLife 05 can be upgraded for $19.95

6. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

Not too bad, it is definately worth it for 20 bucks. I was just hoping that they would ship with it. Thanks again.