Buying a new powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by XenoXelloss, Oct 31, 2005.

  1. XenoXelloss macrumors newbie

    XenoXelloss

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2005
    Location:
    NYC
    #1
    I'm thinking about buying the latest powerbook revision. I have the older albook 15 inch with 1.5ghz, 128mb ati 9700, and combo drive . I can sell my powerbook for 1300 on pbfixtit.com and pay a difference of 850 dollars for a new powerbook 1.67 with an educational discount. Does the internal dvd burner, minimal mhz increase, increase screen resolution, and other updates since my powerbook warrant the purchase? I have been an avid mac user using it for digital video editing since my switch and love ppc architecture but I am afraid of the switch to intel. Also, is pbfixit.com a reliable place to sell my powerbook? Or should I just wait for the intel powerbooks?
     
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

    yoda13

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2003
    Location:
    Texas
    #2
    I would wait for the Intel Powerbooks, if I were you. I have the same machine, except for the fact that I have a superdrive. I don't think its worth it to upgrade yet, but that is just my opinion...:p
     
  3. Chrispy macrumors 68020

    Chrispy

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2004
    Location:
    Avon, IN
    #3
    You have a great machine so I would keep it. You won't get much of a screen increase from going to the newer model and the new screens are known to have some issues as well. Just stick it out for a little longer.
     
  4. XenoXelloss thread starter macrumors newbie

    XenoXelloss

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2005
    Location:
    NYC
    #4
    i guess i'll wait it out for the merom powerbooks. thanks yo for the advice
     

Share This Page