Buying a new powerbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by XenoXelloss, Oct 31, 2005.

1. XenoXelloss macrumors newbie

XenoXelloss

I'm thinking about buying the latest powerbook revision. I have the older albook 15 inch with 1.5ghz, 128mb ati 9700, and combo drive . I can sell my powerbook for 1300 on pbfixtit.com and pay a difference of 850 dollars for a new powerbook 1.67 with an educational discount. Does the internal dvd burner, minimal mhz increase, increase screen resolution, and other updates since my powerbook warrant the purchase? I have been an avid mac user using it for digital video editing since my switch and love ppc architecture but I am afraid of the switch to intel. Also, is pbfixit.com a reliable place to sell my powerbook? Or should I just wait for the intel powerbooks?

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I would wait for the Intel Powerbooks, if I were you. I have the same machine, except for the fact that I have a superdrive. I don't think its worth it to upgrade yet, but that is just my opinion...:p

3. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

You have a great machine so I would keep it. You won't get much of a screen increase from going to the newer model and the new screens are known to have some issues as well. Just stick it out for a little longer.

4. XenoXelloss thread starter macrumors newbie

XenoXelloss

i guess i'll wait it out for the merom powerbooks. thanks yo for the advice