Buying a Powerbook from a company other than Apple?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by SuperSnake2012, Oct 23, 2005.

1. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I've been thinking about getting a 12" Powerbook from Amazon.com. The standard one has everything I want and need (80GB hard drive, Superdrive, etc) and I get to dodge the Apple tax :D Tax is over 8% in New York, and that would add $150 or so to my expenses. They also have a $150 rebate, so I get it for $1350 shipped. :) Has anyone bought a Powerbook from a retailer that isn't Apple? I shouldn't have any problems returning it to Apple if there are problems, correct? Let's say that something fails within my warrenty... I can still take it back the Apple Store for a replacement, right? :confused:

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Yes, as long as the seller is an authorized Apple dealer.

3. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

4. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I thought about going through another company, but I'm glad I did go through CompUSA because of these reasons:
    They had a $50 instant rebate off of the iBook if you bought AppleCare with it.
    The iPod Shuffle had an instant product with it - the caps for the Shuffle - not the ones with the lanyard though (sp lanyard?)
    The sales rep was very knowledgeable
    A lot of people were looking at the Macintosh's this older couple was buying an iMac G5.
    They were running low on iBooks (I was like OMG) - so people like the iBooks.