Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Ok, got back my mini from the service centre, all in all was pretty pleased with the service except my case got a couple scruffs near around it :mad:

I probably should be thankful that they'd actually replace the logic board and audio board.. for free :rolleyes: but these scars really does bother me somewhat. Any chance I can get a replacement cover from one of those Mac body parts places online?

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
I'm sorry to hear about that. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it if it was on top of the case. I just expect things to be in good shape while I have them. I don't know of any sites to buy a new cover but I hope you'll be able to find one somewhere and for a reasonable price.

Agent69

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2005
Middleburg, Florida
Personally, I am surprised that 3rd party replacement shells haven't hit the market.

In your case, it might be worth it to complain and see if you can get a replacement shell.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Is it in the plastic? You can try to use scratch removers for displays, similar to what you would use on a scratched iPod.

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
pincho said:
get it replaced by the service centre, they scratched it, they fix it

I agree, you shouldnt have to put up with a scratched case just because they did it. They replaced you logic board and audio board. No excuse for scratching the case. And obviously it needed to be replaced.

I would go back, Im sure they would replace the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.