Buying a used iPhone, want to check battery health before buying

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MastahRiz, Apr 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Any advice on an app that I could just quickly download and install before accepting the iPhone from the buyer? I just want to make sure that the battery isn't completely destroyed. I remember seeing another thread on here about an app that could give some good statistics on battery health but can't find it even with the forum search.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. macrumors regular

even if it did have a bad battery, you can easily replace those on the iPhone 4. Just remove the 2 screws on the bottom, remove the back cover. remove a screw that holds on the battery connecter. Use a suction cup to pull out the battery (it is glued in) and then replace it. Bam. You can even search a tutorial for this on ifixit.com (i think that's the website)

3. macrumors member

Interesting question, but any app would have to be running while draining and charging the battery a few times before it could determine battery health... accurately at least.

4. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Apple can test the battery. Other than that, there are Cydia apps that calculate battery health and cycle count.

5. macrumors 65816

6. macrumors 65816

Arnezie

7. macrumors 65816

Yes, but the batteries will be even better now. That was the point I was trying to make by posting that link.

8. macrumors 68030

sulpfiction