Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Any advice on an app that I could just quickly download and install before accepting the iPhone from the buyer? I just want to make sure that the battery isn't completely destroyed. I remember seeing another thread on here about an app that could give some good statistics on battery health but can't find it even with the forum search.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

daaneel

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2011
even if it did have a bad battery, you can easily replace those on the iPhone 4. Just remove the 2 screws on the bottom, remove the back cover. remove a screw that holds on the battery connecter. Use a suction cup to pull out the battery (it is glued in) and then replace it. Bam. You can even search a tutorial for this on ifixit.com (i think that's the website)

Raegor

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2010
Interesting question, but any app would have to be running while draining and charging the battery a few times before it could determine battery health... accurately at least.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Apple can test the battery. Other than that, there are Cydia apps that calculate battery health and cycle count.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.