Buying a Video Ipod

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tk26, Feb 15, 2006.

1. tk26 macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2006
    Hi, guys me and my sister both have ipod nano's and we love them. We were think of getting a video one for my mom, if i were to get her it would she be able to upload the pictures on her Nikon D70 into it directly or would she have to go through a laptop/itunes?
  2. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

Mar 12, 2005
    Hermitage, TN USA (near Nashville)
    You probably wouldn't WANT to go into the iPod directly because the file size of the pictures would be huge (if they are relatively high resolution pics). That said, you can't directly go in to the iPod from a camera by default. There is a device made to go between a camera and an iPod *photo* (, but I don't know if a similar product exists for the iPod video.

Again, though, because of the file sizes and the ease of having iTunes translate them to the appropriate size and load them on to the iPod for you, I can't imagine why you'd want to load pictures directly into the iPod (UNLESS you are simply using it as a storage device, in which case I would say invest in additional high-capacity memory cards for your camera).
  3. crazydrumma macrumors regular

Jan 31, 2006
    go photo

I agree with Spinne1, you probably want the photo iPod, if you want one that your mom can put photos on. here is a couple of reasons:
    1.) It would meet those needs perfectly
    2.) It would probably be easier to put photos on
    3.) It would cost a lot less.

That's my reasoning.