Buying accessories in Toronto

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bigwave, Jul 27, 2004.

1. bigwave macrumors newbie

Hey
    I am going up to Toronto ON Canada on Friday ( currently it is Wednesday ) and my friend and I ( he has a 15BTO PB and I have a 12PB ) are looking for some stores in Toroton that have a good collection of Apple related gear.
    If you know of any could you post here and let me know
    Thanks

2. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

3. Nspace macrumors regular

Well since my topic about the exact same thing 2 days ago didn't get a large response I am glad to have found this. Sweet, gonna check those links out.

4. ozone macrumors 6502

ozone

I agree with Ryan above... Computer Systems Centre ("CSC") is pretty good. You might also want to stop by the University of Toronto BookStore, which is only a couple of blocks from CSC. They used to have a good selection, but not always in stock. You could also try CPUsed (www.cpused.com), which is about a 5 minute drive from CSC.

You'd think Toronto of all places would have gotten its own Apple Store by now.

5. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

supposedly apple, along with other american retailers, might try the canadian retail market by opening a store at the new supermall that's gonna opened up in vaughan.

6. Nspace macrumors regular

I can't wait for that mall. I think its gonna be vaughn mills or something. I think the same people have a bunch of malls in the states, I was in one when i was at a printing competition in Charlotte NC, there were a ton of stores, kind of like an upgraded outlet mall. An apple store would be nice.

7. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

yea, apparently this "mills" corp has built tons of thse supermalls. this new place is gonna be 1.2 million square feet large. it'd be a nice place for apple to put a big store in and start infiltrating the canadians.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Actually, the plan was to have 2 stores, no? One was supposed to be at the Eaton Centre, or another location close by. The other is supposed to be at Yorkdale. I think the Yorkdale one is more definite than the other, but it would make sense for the downtown one to be built as well.