Buying advice: wait or buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by abrandolph, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. abrandolph macrumors newbie

    abrandolph

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2005
    Location:
    15143
    #1
    I'm looking for:

    (at least) 1.5 GHz G4
    100 GIG HD
    1 GIG RAM
    Airport (54 Mbps)
    Bluetooth
    Gigabit Ethernet
    no bigger than a 15.4" screen
    Firewire, USB 2.0 ports
    $$$ under $2,250 (w/education discount)
    ***LAPTOP***

    I currently own a rev. A iBook (graphite, 366 Mhz G3, etc.) and while I want to upgrade now, I won't have the money to upgrade until at least Jan. 1, 2006.

    Taking that into account, at that point, should I wait for the IntelBooks and see what they offer, buy the newest G4 available at that time or something that I never thought I'd do... buy a new Sony VAIO (they're pretty cool even compared to the powerbooks) -- Gasp!!

    Thanks so much
     
  2. eXan macrumors 601

    eXan

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2005
    Location:
    Russia
    #2
    I think you should wait till MacWorld 2006 then see.
     

Share This Page