Buying an 11"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ShaneBunting, Sep 9, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Hi, I'm planning on buying the 11" MacBook Pro and would like to know what some of the current owners think of them!

I'm looking at the baseline £849 entry level model.

I'm selling a 13" June 2012 Pro for it which has an SSD and 16GB of RAM, but it's in quite a state! So I'm looking forward to the new warranty and proper condition of a new Mac.

I'm also going to be carting it around a lot, so the smaller size and weight will be helpful! :)

Has anyone else made a move from a 13" machine to this?

Thanks

2. macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Do you mean Air? From my 13" black macbook this was absolute luxury :) Its sooo thin :) and my friend's iPad 1 feels almost heavy compared to it. 11" was the perfect size for me as it fits in a bag easy as pie as its basically the size of an A4 sheet of paper. What happened to your Pro btw? And are you selling it? I would like a Pro to add to my collection :).

Btw if you are worried about power, dont as I can run Skyrim at max at around 30fps and everything works fine... And mine is a previous model... I would however recommend the 8GB of Ram for futureproofing, the i7 not so much. Also either get a larger internal HDD or buy an external Hard Drive...

3. macrumors 68000

I went from 2008 15" MacBook Pro > 2011 13" MacBook Air > 2013 11" MacBook Air.

Very happy all around with the new computer (i7/8gb/512gb). It's a very fast little machine and the size is terrific for travel. At home I use an external keyboard and a big screen.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys!

Just sold on eBay there now in the UK, I've just enough to get the 11" so I look forward to getting it!

Looking forward to the HD 5000 graphics too, is that good performance on Minecraft? haha :)