Buying an external keyboard for use with MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MCS, Feb 2, 2007.

1. MCS macrumors newbie

MCS

OK I'm finally getting a MBP next week. I am currently planning to run it as a kind of desktop PC when at home with an external 20'' TFT connected and I would like to use it with an external keyboard. Does anybody have any recommendations on a good keyboard (I type a lot). I love the feel of Logitec's diNovo keyboards for MS-Win and was wondering if there is something similar for an :apple: - Mac. Wireless would be better but if need be a wired keyboard will do.

2. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

There's almost no keyboard for Windows that you can't use on your mac.

3. milien macrumors newbie

Congratulations on getting the MBP. I do a lot of typing as well and found the best keyboard out there (IMO) is the Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard. I tried the Logitech S530 for Mac, which is a good keyboard/mouse combo but it doesn't hold up to the diNovo Edge. Most computer stores, Best Buy and Circuit City carries the diNovo on display so you can test out the feel of the keyboard. Match it up with the Logitech MX or VX Revolution mouse and you'll be in digital heaven.

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i'm certainly no expert on input devices, but Apple's BT keyboard works great for me. it might not have all the bells and whistles you're looking for, though.

5. miniguu macrumors regular

6. djkny macrumors 6502

best technical keyboard -- i.e. heavy mechanical switches -- is the MATIAS Tactile Pro.

7. JAT macrumors 603

Yes.

8. Stacc macrumors 6502a

If using a windows keyboard on os x is anything like using an os x keyboard for windows it isn't much fun. There are a couple of mac format keyboards listed on newegg. You might want to give one a try.

Try this or this.

9. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

I've been really happy with my Apple Keyboard and mouse. The keyboard is comfortable to type on, and it works seemlessly with my mac––just what you'd expect, right?

10. MCS thread starter macrumors newbie

MCS

Initially I was thinking of getting a BT Apple keyboard but then I read several reviews of it on the Apple Store website saying that it's got a really cheap feel to it so I decided not to get it. Is this true?
    I don't really need bells and whistles like buttons that clean my monitor when pressed or stuff like that. I simply need a keyboard that doesn't feel cheap and lets me type several hours each day without leaving me with the feeling of typing on an un-oiled 10th century mechanical typwriter.

Another thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I am currently living in the UK so keyboards like the diNovo Edge are a no go because it's not available here yet.

11. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

12. dreamfocused macrumors member

dreamfocused

i bought an Apple keyboard for my MBP... it's been half a year now and sometimes my spacebar sticks, other than that it's been great to me

13. BenHoleton macrumors regular