Buying an iSight for my parents' eMac...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by seenew, Nov 4, 2006.

1. macrumors 68000

seenew

For Christmas, I thought I'd get my parents an iSight so they could keep in touch with my sister and I while we're at college. I heard some rumors a while back about a possible update-- did this ever happen?

2. macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

no updates yet and i doubt there will be, no really new technology out.

3. macrumors regular

EMKoper

For iChat use?

I thought the requirements for iChat to use iSight were pretty strict... might want to check the eMac can utilize the full capability... I'll check and see if I can find any documentation ... :confused:

<edit> maybe they aren't 'that' demanding for 1v1 video... maybe I was thinking of multi-video conference ... from Apple page....

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 65816

Tymmz

As I stated a few times before I think there will be an update.

How about an iSight bundled with a remote, front row and photobooth. for all the ppc/mac pro users.

5. macrumors 68000

pianoman

how do you explain the recent anavailability of the iSight and it's reappearance with no such features? do you presume this update will come before Christmas? at MWSF?

i think the iSight would be a great gift for those purposes and should fit your needs fine, seenew.

6. macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

Ya the isight just came back in stock, with no updates. I ordered one mid september for my sister in college(she has an ibook) so we could vid conference. I was eexoecting an update, but it came today and its the same. It doesnt matter, still is great.

7. thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

...wait, didn't the iSight use to be like $99? Why is it $149 now?

8. macrumors 601

eXan

It was 149$ for life.