Buying at CompUSA

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by benwa02, Mar 31, 2005.

1. benwa02 macrumors 6502

If I buy a PM at CompUSA after they have announced Tiger am I still eligible for the discount on Tiger? Or is that only if I get it through Apple online or an Apple store?

The gigabit ethernet card comes in every PM and thats for high-speed wired connections, right?

Thanks for the help.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Depending on the date you buy, you should be able to download the up-to-date coupon from the Apple website and use it with your receipt from CompUSA.

Yes, the Gigabit Ethernet is wired only and comes in the PowerMac and the PowerBook series, except for the 12 inch PB.

3. benwa02 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. The Past macrumors 6502

I did the same but still had to pay 19.95 for Panther (and Jaguar too). So, it may be the same for Tiger.

5. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

The up to date has always been $20 to cover shipping and handling. Even if you bought from Apple.

6. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

You don't NEED gigabit ethernet for high speed connections. There is no performance difference between gigabit (1000 mbps) vs. the older 100 mbps ethernet when accessing the internet. Unless, of course, you're on some REALLY expensive line.