Buying dual 1GHz...but where?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CTYankee, Aug 14, 2002.

1. CTYankee macrumors 6502

All the on line sites offer free memory, or most of them do anyway. I've also heard that local Apple dealers can sell below the MAP. Is this true? If so how much lower and how do you get them to do this? I've called my local dealers and they didn't even know new PM were out. They are going to call back with prices and availability. Though after tax I think it costs more in the long run.

In case I do go for one of the on line sites, who has the best prices/service and fastest shipping. I don't want to order from a place that tells me they have it when they don't. Places like that don't get my money no matter what the price.

2. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Being the Sales Manager for General Cybernetics, I can tell you that yes, they can sell below MAP, and then have their doors closed. There is a fine line with Apple, and it is one that you do not cross. I can tell you that we do offer free memory, and our prices are very fair. Take a look by clicking on the banner. Sorry for the frames, we are currently rebuilding the site with the help of several Demi-Gods from Macrumors. :)