Buying external DVD burner which one?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by danyak, Nov 25, 2003.

1. danyak macrumors newbie

Heard alot of good about the Lacie's anyone got any input. I have the older PB 867 with 512 and 15 incher-no super drive:(

I bun several cd's each day so that is a major factor as well. As I am a digital photog. I need a better way to burn cd's as I have had my cd drive replaced by Apple 3 times now:mad: and its still loud as heel during verification process and the says cd cannot verify? sometimes the cd is ok many other times I have to throw in the trash. Could be the media I bought is not very well balanced I guess. Thanks for the advice peeps.

Dan

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

been said before, but an ext. dvd burner will not function the same way as superdrive. it won't work with iApps, for example.

the bad cd burning can be both due to bad media and faulty cd burner... i've used popular CDRs no problem and given your history with cd burner replacements, i'm sorry to say, but it might be the burner...

can you go visit an apple store nearby to see if they can take a look?

3. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

I have an external by APS that works pretty well but the fan is rather loud.