Buying from an unofficial reseller?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by kaosfere, Nov 6, 2003.

1. kaosfere macrumors member

The time to plunk down a big chunk of change on my new powerbook has just about arrived and, of course, we're stuck in the no-man's-land of waiting to see when Apple is going to start shipping retail stock again.

I'm really not feeling like waiting until who-knows-when to get my laptop, especially since this is supposed to be a Christmas gift. I have noticed that a couple of vendors with whom I have done business in the past, and had nothing but positive experiences, actually have 15" PBs in stock. However, they're not authorized resellers.

If you have an established business relationship with a company, or otherwise have reason to believe that it is a reputable firm, is there any reason not to buy from it, authorized or no? Or would I really be better struggling to find one in stock relatively soon at an authorized store?

2. kaosfere thread starter macrumors member

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

4. Fahd macrumors regular

I dont see any reason why you should'nt buy from them considering the positive experiences you speak of. My only concern would be that the 15" PB's they have might have the screen problems.