Buying from other iTunes sites?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by florencevassy, Jun 5, 2005.

1. florencevassy macrumors regular

florencevassy

Hi,

I tried to buy some songs from iTunes Greece but the site did not let me. They have many songs that I want that aren't available on iTunes USA.

I have seen that there were a couple of posts regarding this (but there weren't many responses) does anyone know if there are any plans or any way that someone in the USA could buy from another iTunes store?

Thanks, Flo

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Get a Credit card from Greece...

3. florencevassy thread starter macrumors regular

florencevassy

Purchasing iTunes from iTunes Greece

Thanks for the suggesion but I am not sure how I could go about doing that. Also I was doing more research and you need a valid address. I also heard that songe downloaded from other iTunes stores would not work in my iTunes software here.

Any other suggestions? Anyone know if they plan to change this? Don't they realize that they just give more business to Ebay and Amazon this way?

4. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Apple would be happy to have the business you have proposed. It is the record companies with their narrow-mindedness and crazy contracts that are getting in the way.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yes, unfortunately you have the record companies and their respective copyrights, different in every country of course, to thank. It's the same for every (legal) online music store.

6. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

you could always get the songs that you want from other sources.

7. florencevassy thread starter macrumors regular

florencevassy

Other sources

Yes, I am buying Greek music (CDs and LPs) online from different sources. But I thought that iTunes Greece would be another great way to get music. Their selection is quite impressive and I liked that I could buy individual songs.

But anyway thanks everyone for your replies! Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome. :)

8. chromex macrumors newbie

Damn, just looking through the UK songs (I'm in Canada) and there are definitely some songs I want from there.

I suppose one could find someone from the country they wish to purchase from, PayPal them some cash, and have them send the songs over.

Probably not technically legal, but technicalities my ass. I'm not going to download the song for free, but I'm not paying $10 for shipping the single I want when I can pay like $2 some other way.

Now to find some friends in the UK ;)

m

9. voodoofish macrumors regular

If you get a gift certificate for the country of the iTMS you want to use, you can then set up an account without a credit card and therefore don't need a valid address (as they don't have a credit card to compare your address with). To top up your account though you need more gift certificates - US ones are easy to find on eBay but i've never really seen many from other countries on there.

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Have you actually tried this? Wow, if it works, then this would be great, there's a lot of euro music I'd like to buy.