Buying games in Europe....???

Discussion in 'Games' started by Joeytpg, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

hi guys, i recently moved to Spain, and i´m wondering if the region thing also applies to games?

i have an iMac g5 (last imac g5 model) and i want to buy a few games.... but i don´t know if i can play them without having to change my region (i´m set to U.S. Region). As we know this has to be done for DVD movies....is it the same with games?

Another thing..... if i buy a U.B. game..can i play it in my imac g5 as well as in my C2D Mac Book?

thanks guys.

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

My computer is no different to your computer which is no different to an Albanian computer. Consoles, however...

3. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

i know it´s no different...but the DVD Region is...for example if you buy a DVD movie in europe, and buy one in America, won´t be the same....since you´ll have to change your computer region everytime you see each movie.......i wouldn´t mind changing the region 3000 times, but i can only change it 5 times...then it´ll be set forever to the last region you chose.

So again, would it make a difference if i buy a european game? will i have to change my region. I don´t want to do this since i want to play all my other games too (bought in America) and i want to watch my american DVDs......

anyone?

4. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

*sighs* No is your answer. You recieved it once. It hasn't changed since last time you asked. Now run along...

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

ROTFLMAO .... how blunt can you make it... :D :D

6. Joeytpg thread starter macrumors 6502

Joeytpg

thanks a lot por the reply, but honestly, do you think that was an answer?

you were talking about a computer (being the same and stuff) but that doesn´t aply as an answer since DVDs run on the same computer (from N.y. from Albania, from haiti but i won´t run the Same DVDs get what i mean?

so again, a simple "no" would have been fine.......anyways thanks for your reply.....not trying to be harsh or anything.