buying help please!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by expergo, Feb 7, 2005.

1. expergo macrumors regular

hi,

i ordered somethign from www.d-compute.com because i heard they don't charge duties to canada. but that was like a week ago, and they still haven't sent me a shipping notice but they said it has shipped last thursday. eeverytime i call them, whether it's the toll-free number or the local number, i get a busy signal. the only way i can talk to them right now is through the livechat.

can anyone PLEASE help me out.

2. expergo thread starter macrumors regular

Okay...I FINALLY received a tracking number after many tiems of talking to them. Gosh. I'm never doing business there again. The tracking number seems to work...for now.

3. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Next time do a bit of Googling first. :)

http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--86641.html

Searching for
    Code:
    d-compute review
    showed that up in the first page of results. Now a days before I buy anything I research firstly what I am buying including prices (froogle is handy for that) and then look for opinions on the retailer themselves unless it is somewhere like Best Buy, been burnt too many times in the past by not doing my research...

4. expergo thread starter macrumors regular

Heh...thanks. I guess i sacrificed service for cheap prices. I wish apple would be more prominent in Canada... :(

5. numediaman macrumors 6502a

and the U.S., and Europe . . .