Buying iMac 17"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by laserbeahm, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. laserbeahm macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004
    Location:
    Central Valley, CA
    #1
    My friend and I are going to the Apple store in Sacramento, CA tomorrow so he can buy a 17" iMac. Who wants to bet they're going to come out with an all new iMac on Tuesday?
     
  2. aswitcher macrumors 603

    aswitcher

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2003
    Location:
    Canberra OZ
    #2
    Yeah. :p

    Can they wait?

    In light of the eMac Apple need to either give us an upgraded iMac soon or a G5 iMac by WWDC... (I hazard to guess ;)
     
  3. MacRAND macrumors 6502a

    MacRAND

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
    Location:
    Phoenix AZ USA
    #3
    Aswitcher is absolutely right, it is NOT the time to BUY anything for the next couple of weeks. Let the Macs get released this month, then look at it.

    If he/she can possibly upgrade to a 20" iMac, that would be so awesome. That and a superdrive, max out the RAM and you have it made.

    Why not buy over the internet from a non-California retailer such as
    http://www.smalldog.com so you can save sales tax (over $100). Buy a system and the shipping is usually free, plus they have awesome deals online.

    The eMac just got upgraded - out of the blue!
    By Tuesday we should have all new line of laptops - PowerBooks and iBooks. Within a few weeks the PowerMacs should all be upgraded.

    Guess what, that only leaves the iMac for upgrade, and it is ripe.
    2 things are likely to happen, today's model will get discounted several hundred dollars, and a better iMac than what is available today will be the same price as what your friend selects.
    It could mean the same money he'd spend today on a 17" could buy a 20" in a week or so.
     

Share This Page