Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 25, 2013
Hi. I admit that I haven't kept as close of an I on 6s rumors but knowing me I'll upgrade in September. I know nothing is set in stone but I'm thinking of buying a life proof case but don't want to spend $100 if the shape of the phone changes.

What are the current rumors suggesting?

Reactions: bhayes444

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Hi. I admit that I haven't kept as close of an I on 6s rumors but knowing me I'll upgrade in September. I know nothing is set in stone but I'm thinking of buying a life proof case but don't want to spend $100 if the shape of the phone changes.

What are the current rumors suggesting?

Answer in green!

daydotz

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
I've been considering the same I've seen suggestions it will be slightly different dimensions but who knows

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
I don't think the dimensions of the phone will change (based on the leaked casings), especially considering Apple is selling the iPhone 6 leather and silicone cases that would also fit the iPhone 6s.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 25, 2013
Thanks. And I suppose that if it's something simple like the camera no longer sticking out, that would affect the cases.

danielllb

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2015
The Netherlands
I also already ordered 3 cases and a glass protector for the 6, only to later cancel it and wait for the 6s haha. Though knowing Apple doesn't change too much in s-designs they'll just fit fine I suppose.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
I don't think the dimensions of the phone will change (based on the leaked casings), especially considering Apple is selling the iPhone 6 leather and silicone cases that would also fit the iPhone 6s.

What ? Just because Apple is selling the iPhone 6 case does not mean it will fit exactly the 6s, specially if the new iPhone is going to be just a tad bigger to accommodate the new thicker frame for touch pad hardware. As one poster suggested why not just wait until it is released ? No biggie to wait, not to mention seeing what other cases are released as well.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I'd wait. I always order the phone and a case. When both arrive, I immediately put the new phone in the case. Two phones ago I immediately dropped it after unboxing and it slid across my floor. Stupid butter fingers. Never again. <_<

Again though, I'd wait. If they make even slight changes the case might not fit.

Reactions: ucfgrad93

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
What ? Just because Apple is selling the iPhone 6 case does not mean it will fit exactly the 6s, specially if the new iPhone is going to be just a tad bigger to accommodate the new thicker frame for touch pad hardware. As one poster suggested why not just wait until it is released ? No biggie to wait, not to mention seeing what other cases are released as well.
Yes, it's definitely wise to wait if the buyer has any doubts. I gave the iPhone 6 cases from Apple as one potential reason why it would stay the same dimensions. It's definitely not written in stone that it will stay the same, although history suggests it probably will.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
New rumor out claims 6s could be slightly thicker than the 6 due to the possible use of 7000 series aluminum. If that's the case I wonder how that will impact cases.

Cutiekitty92

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2015
UK
If you're worried do what I done, just get a cheapy gel silicon case from like eBay or Amazon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.