Buying iTunes songs for somebody else?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by glay, Apr 24, 2005.

1. glay macrumors member

Hey Guys, I live in Melbourne, Australia and as many of you may know we don't have an iTunes music store here yet. :(

I was wondering if it would it be legal for somebody to buy me songs on iTunes, and send them to me via email or IM? And then I could pay them via paypal?

I have a good feedback rating on ebay my user id is chocolateicecream*

Would anyone be able to help me out in this, I want to buy music legitimately and not download it freely. In many cases there are songs that I like in particular album but I don't want to buy the complete album for. And it would also be cheaper to buy the song on ITMS rather than buying a single.

If anyone would help me out, that would be great!

Thank you & God Bless.

2. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

It doesn't matter if you can find someone to do this for you because if you recieive an iTMS song via email and try to play it, your version of iTunes will ask you to sign into iTMS (which you can't do) in order to authorize the computer.

So, unfortunatley you're just gonna have to wait. This website is saying you might be getting iTMS this week.

3. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

There's a rumor on page one that it might happen on the 28th. I have not read it as im not interested, but hold on untill.

4. glay thread starter macrumors member

Cool, thanks for that! I guess I'll have to wait until Australia gets an ITMS.