Buying MacBook Air from Apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Grmnracing, Jan 20, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Nov 19, 2011
    How does shipping work if I buy from Apple? I want a MacBook Air, Apple TV, and a few other accessories. Would they be shipped together or do they come in different boxes? If they are shipped separately would they most likely arrive the same day?
  2. macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2011
    It depends on whether everything is available at the same time and shipping from the same location. I have to ask - why does it matter?
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 19, 2011
    I have scumbag neighbors! I don't want my expensive packages going missing! I've seen the UPS man let other people sign for packages!
  4. hfg
    macrumors 68030

Dec 1, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
    Apple always requires a signature at delivery, no matter how small the item. If your UPS takes a sig from someone else, they will have to sort it out.
  5. macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012
    Everything arriving at once not guaranteed. Can always order and PU at local Apple store though.
  6. macrumors member

Jul 27, 2012
    Just bought a Mac Mini, keyboard, and trackpad from B+H Photo. Free Parallels 8 and 50% off Applecare. And no tax. Ordered Tuesday at 10 p.m. and got here Friday. Unless you just have to buy from Apple, I would check them out. Everything packed in one box. They also seem to have all the BTO options if you want anything more than the base model. And multiple shipping options. Just a suggestion.
  7. macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2010
    This is where I'll be ordering mine from, such a great applecare deal.
  8. macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    If you want a configuration of the Air that that your local Apple Store has in stock, just go buy it in person.

Or as someone else suggested, use the ship to store option.

That is unfortunately standard procedure for UPS. And of course once UPS delivers it with a signature, it's painful to make claims against them.
  9. macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, Apple requires signature for all big ticket items. When I got my new 27" iMac i had to make sure I was going to be home to sign for it. I also would go with what others suggested about having it shipped to the Apple store or just buying 1 there, you'll have to pay sales tax either way. However, if there isn't an Apple store you could always hit up Best buy as well.
  10. macrumors 604

Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    A shame that you don't have a retired friend who would stay at your place for the day and sign for stuff for you. This would be an interesting opportunity for a personal service. Charge maybe $ 25 and you wouldn't have to worry too much about your neighbors being criminals.
  11. macrumors member

Nov 12, 2010
    Apple wants a signature for all items from my experience. From a $129 iPod Nano to a $900 iPad.
  12. macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012
    Would it be bad manners if u post by door:

COURIERS: DO NOT leave package with slimy neighbors. :D
  13. macrumors 6502a

Jan 31, 2012
    Northamptonshire, England
    UPS are NOT allowed to accept a signature for Apple deliveries from anywhere other than the shipping address.

I had this problem with my iPad - I actually wanted it left with a neighbour cos I knew I would be at work. They refused to accept an alternative delivery address.

What if the retired person is also a criminal?? ;)