Buying MBP 2.16GHz? Join ADC Select, save $60 or more.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jsw, Feb 14, 2006.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

FYI:

If you plan on buying a 2.16GHz MacBook Pro, you might be interested in knowing that, if you become an Apple Select Developer (US$500) first, you're (immediately) entitled to one hardware discount, meaning you could buy that MBP for US$2239 - or a total cost of US$2739 (vs US$2799 otherwise). Plus any add-ons are (usually) discounted, and you'll get any OS Apple releases in the next year. Plus developer CDs and DVDs.

If you add a monitor or upgrade in any way, your savings will increase.

Just something to keep in mind.

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Can this be stacked with an education discount?

3. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Good to know. My daughter is starting college in the fall, and has confirmed her desire for an OS X machine rather than XP. We'll be buying a laptop at some point in the near future and, while I'm no s/w developer [barely a user:p], this might be the way to go. This, or have her sign up as a Student Developer and get the one-time 20% discount.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm fairly certain it can't. But if you are a student you can get a student ADC membership with 20% discount for around $100 (again non-stackable).

Edit to add: The student ADC hardware discount is a once-in-a-lifetime (as opposed to Select which is every year IIRC).

5. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm pretty sure the only time Apple allows stacked discounts like that is on February 30th. Otherwise, pick your best option and run with it....

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Cool, only 16 more days....hey, waitaminnit!;)

7. NeuronBasher macrumors regular

Pretty much all of the BTO options are discounted by 20%, including the RAM and HD upgrades. So if you wanted the 7200RPM drive for instance, you could save another $20 ($80 instead of $100). I joined ADC Select and bought the stock 2.0 GHz (1.8 at the time) and it was a wash, but I was happy because I wanted an ADC membership anyway.

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

February 30th? :eek: