Buying MBP need some help.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sulhaq, Sep 27, 2006.

1. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

Okay that's it, I'm officially fed up with waiting for merom bullcrap. First it was WWDC then Paris then Photokina and now Thanksgiving. So screw it. My hp is outdated and the extensive programming in MATLAB takes a lot of juice to run. So I've decided to buy a MBP. Before I order I just have one question, as you can see from my sig I've had very bad experiences with my first two macbooks, so, to the users who have very recently or in the near past have purchased a MBP, how is it running? Are you having any problems? If you are what are they. Please also tell me when was your mac assembled if possible, for both people that are having problems and that are not.

Thanks a lot in advance. cheers.

2. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Mine is Week 28 and other than it being a little warm no probs at all. *knocks on desk*

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i don't know what week mine is, but i got it at the beginning of august and it runs fine... gets a little warm now and then but nothing unbearable and definitely nothing to avoid having on my lap.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can check by opening up System Profiler and looking at the serial number, the fourth and fifth digits tell you what week it was made.

For example, "W63169Z5WVH" is a week 16.