Buying multiple products

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Notoriously-RyP, Mar 28, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 27, 2012
    Hey guys, I'm looking to buy myself a 27" iMac along with a Macbook Air 13". I'm wondering if there's any way buying multiple Apple products at once (e.g. those above) will end up reducing potential expenses? I may wait until the update, but I'd still like to know now.

Thanks in advance.
  2. macrumors 65816

Jun 20, 2009
    Lincoln, UK
    Probably not directly from Apple, but a reseller might. Even if they do not offer a discount on the machines themselves, you may be able to get more RAM at a discount, or software, or external drives... Basically, you are more likely to be able to get a discount on any non-Apple components in your purchase, but you might be lucky with the computers.
  3. macrumors 68020

Feb 16, 2012
    might save on shipping.

also if you buy in the BTS offer you might get 2 of the special gifts, not sure on that though.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 27, 2012
    Okay, yeah I was pretty sceptical when posting too, just thought I'd check. Thanks guys for your replies! :)
  5. Ves
    macrumors member

Jul 22, 2009
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    I think Moonjumper got it right. Apple resellers might be the way to go. Won't be big discounts but smaller stuff.
  6. macrumors 68030

Sep 21, 2011
    About six-seven years ago, retailers in Europe had ridiculously low margins on Apple computers (don't know about Apple products in general though). I have a hard time thinking that it's changed or that it's any different in other places in the world.

So as the others are saying, you are more likely to get a discount if you throw in a few other items in there on which the retailer has a better profit margin.