Buying new earphones for ipod

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by NYguy, May 24, 2005.

1. NYguy macrumors member

Im undecided about upgrading my ipod headphones. Anyone know anything about the Shure E5? I will be using my ipod in the gym and jogging in the park. Any help appreciated, thanks.

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Sony Fontopias

I bought the Sony Fontopia "in-ear" buds. I adore them. Wonderful sound and price especially in comparison to the competition. I'd reccommend reading my review on Epinions here .

3. 36183 Guest

i got my self a pair of sony in-ear buds, they have better bass and quality then the apple crap.

but in-ear stuff really is not safe on the roads, i dont like the fact i that i can hardly hear a thing around me with these things on.

if you have the money buy the B&O A8

4. macminilover macrumors newbie

Check-out http://www.earphonesolutions.com/. Lots of in-depth reviews and best prices. I bought a pair of shure e3c, and the difference is amazing. Not sure the e5c is really worth the extra $.

5. jonat8 macrumors regular

I used the Sony EX-71's for about a year and they were a HUGE step up from stock buds.

Eventually I succumbed and bought a set of E3Cs. Initially I was disappointed after listening to the EX71s but once I grew accustomed to them I realised the E3Cs were actually very enjoyable.

Unfortunately something is wrong with the right channel and sound is not coming out evenly and so I have to send them in for service. Until then, I'm using some Sennheiser PX100s which actually sound very good for their modest asking price (£30). They sound very warm, which I actually like.

6. punkbass25 macrumors member

www.headfi.com

prowl some of the forums and read the reviews extremely helpful

7. rowanhall macrumors member

the sennheiser mx500 inears are good, not too dear or flash looking but have great sound and nice bass responce. take a couple days to burn in, but afterwards the sound is quite warm. a worthy upgrade. they aren't white either so theres less chance of getting podjacked! haha!

8. jeffgtr macrumors regular

9. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

10. NYguy thread starter macrumors member

ROFL @ podjacked. I hear about that on the news but cant picture someone actually being robbed for an IPOD. Well Im pretty muscular weighing in @ 205 5 11. Trying to get me for an ipod isnt really worth the risk of a beatdown. :)

So the shure e3's are good? I actually have some bose quiet comfort headphones. I havent tried them on the ipod since I just got it, and Im too busy to upload songs.

11. 173080 macrumors 6502

I have the B&O A8's. The sound quality is amazing and they are extremely comfortable, I can't tell I have them on. They are also incredibly stylish, a perfect match for an iPod. ;)

12. Angelus macrumors 6502

I needed a pair of headphones for jogging so i got the Sony MDR J10's. They're are very comfortable, stable and have great sound. Sure they don't match the colour scheme of my shuffle but they really do the job

Attached Files:

13. NYguy thread starter macrumors member

When jogging do you find that the earphones jump out of your ear? Is that the reason why you got the over the ear extentions.

14. Angelus macrumors 6502

Yeah the standard ipod buds just sit in your ears and can kinda fall out, plus they hurt my ears after wearing them for a while. The sony headphones on the other hand have a vertical in ear format which doesn't hurt my ears. Also with the over the ear style i know the headphones are gonna stay in place, one less thing to worry bout.