Buying, new macbook, think this is a good deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KingKalukan, Oct 13, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors 6502

With rumors of an $800 new macbook, there is no way I'd pay $600 for a used one on ebay today. The rumor could very well be wrong, but I wouldn't do it today, I would wait until tomorrow.

3. macrumors 6502

I agree with Jalpert that with tomorrows potential announcement of an $800 Macbook I would be reluctant to spend very much on an older Macbook. Just the peace of mind of having a 1 year warranty is worth a lot.

I think the best deals will be available for a short time after the announcement in the Apple refurb store. Until they sell out the current generation Macbooks should be listed for great prices.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys for the replies, I really appreciate it. I think I'll wait atleast till tomorrow. If the new laptops get released and they are still at the same price points do you think a deal similar to this one would be good? I know this one will be over, but hell, might as well ask.

5. macrumors 65816

If they release a Macbook at around $800 tomorrow then most likely the prices on the old model Macbook's will be reduced, and the old model refurbs reduced even more -- as Apple tries to get rid of the old stock it has. eBay will surely be flooded with old Macbook's by the hundreds as well.

Its definitely a good idea to wait until at least tomorrow.