Buying new RAM?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by FireArse, May 15, 2005.

1. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I bought my rev. B Dual 2GHz PM in February for my Birthday - and made sure its spec was going to be good enough for Tiger.

I didn't think 512MB of RAM was enough - and decided when Tiger was released I'd buy RAM from Crucial. I ordered 2GB on Friday night @about 18:00GMT, and thought it wouldn't get processed till at least Tuesday.

Alas - I recieved an e-mail saying it had not only been processed, but also shipped on Saturday - and would be delivered before 11:00 on Monday morning!! Class customer service - can't beat that now can you? I'll post again on Monday morning saying how good/bad the RAM was....I expect it to be as good - if not better than the service I've recieved so far from Crucial!

Just wanted to say I've recieved great service from them!

:)

FireArse

p.s. it wasn't at a bad price too!

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

That's very cool. Hopefully you enjoy that awesome machine.

3. FireArse thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apologies for late reply

Hey,

Was woken up by the Mail-man yesterday morning at half 9 - not handy since didnt go to bed till half 5 a few hours earlier. Good Service though :)

The RAM went in - and the 'About This Mac' reports 2.5 GB DDR SDRAM. Sweet as hell! Still on 10.3.9 so after I install Tiger, I'll do a full Hardware test. Programs open quicker - close quicker, the Mac is generally more responsive and is a dream to use. People - BUY RAM!!

FireArse

4. Kerry Sanders macrumors regular

Kerry Sanders

Thanks for the update. I ordered my dual 2.0 PM with 1 gig of RAM. I am about to up that to a total of 3 gig very soon. I realized over the weekend that I needed more. :)