buying on ebay

Discussion in 'Community' started by burritos, Jun 12, 2003.

1. macrumors member

Jan 12, 2003
    Does buying apple products on ebay constitute as support for apple?
  2. macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    definately...any active mac user supports its time to upgrade when you need to and buy more apple products whenever possible- j/j - why are you so worried about supporting apple?
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Jan 12, 2003
    feeling guilty

Most of the Mac stuff I get(OSX, TiBook, Airport, Macgames, Sonnet Card) is off of Ebay. I can usually get it for a lot cheaper compared to retail. I know that buying directly from apple gives them more money to grow and develop more products. I'm only one consumer but I don't have enough money to pay retail, at least I'm not patient enough to wait till I save enough money. Thus the question. Does buying second had apple stuff support apple?
  4. macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    You can make huge savings using E-Bay, you just need to be able to make sure it is what it is (fraud) and that you can handle a 2nd hand product.
  5. macrumors 68000

Jul 9, 2001
    London, UK
    Buying a second hand Mac of Ebay often means the person you are buying it off is then able to get a new Mac. So Apple is still getting their money.

Also only get something off Ebay if you can pay by credit card or if you can pick the item up. I know one person who lost £1200 (about $1900) because he bid for and won a 15in 1Ghz PB G4 and 23in Apple Cinema Display. But made the mistake of paying by money transfer and lost his money because it was a con.
  6. Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    also when you buy a used mac, there will be that chance you may eventually buy one or more of the many software offerings apple has for the mac:)