buying online from outside USA

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by riel505, Feb 9, 2006.

1. riel505 macrumors member

riel505

:) hi! can you direct me to some online stores that accepts credit cards from outside usa and canada? im actually in the middle east -- that's where my credit card was issued -- but the price of apples here cost like all the chips are lined with gold! and i'm also planning on shipping one to my mom who is in the states.

i almost got hooked by www.macmacsales.com with the $799 ibook offer, luckily i found this site saying they were bogus. argh. i couldn't afford to lose that much money. :mad:

i've been surfing for an ibook for two weeks now... then i hear about the upcoming intel chips... but if they're coming later, say august (you reckon?), i guess im buying for myself now. my mom, wont care what's inside her apple, she's just gonna use it for emailing and such.

would really appreciate your inputs! :)

2. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

Just this morning I saw an advertisement for an online bank that is US based and give accounts to anyone world-wide for a fee, $80 or something. You can get their credit card and buy whatever you want. But I have no experience in doing such a thing.

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

If your mom is in the states, why not just have her order them with you paying for them?

4. riel505 thread starter macrumors member

riel505

not tech savvy

well there's several reasons for it:
    1.) she's not that tech savvy (we want her to learn on the mac)
    2.) she doesn't have a computer right now and wouldnt know what to pick up
    3.) she doesn't have a credit card (she's been after me to cut my cards!)
    4.) but the biggest is: it's a surprise gift :)