Buying out Apple

Discussion in 'Community' started by billwest9999, Apr 12, 2004.

1. billwest9999 macrumors member

Do you think that Apple will be bought out / taken over in the future due to its small market share but innovative products?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

3. macka macrumors regular

I ain't an expert, but I don't reckon so. If anything they'll get bigger and better. It's precisely the innovative products which will always see them uphold a market share.

4. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

they've already been bought out - PC world copies everything anyway - they just haven't been paid yet. :D

i imagine apple is a very convenient R&D platform for the rest of the computer industry. by necessity, dell and HP and others cannot "innovate" the same way apple can. (their most profittable market is corporate sales and in that market, innovation is not always good.)

so i imagine apple will happily go its way. i doubt rest of the industry have much interest in buying it out.

5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never

and

Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never Never