Buying PB 15 - Few questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by gujar, Mar 24, 2004.

1. gujar macrumors newbie

Long time windows user. I have decided to switch and my heart is set on a 15 inch PB ALU. I am thinking of either refurbished or Edu discount (new). Refurbish gives me additional $ 200-300 discount depending on config. but its not new. My questions about refurbish:
    1. Does it come with all the software and disks as new and is it really that important as long as I am getting OS 10.3 install/restore CD and Panther upgrade CD.

2. How easy it is to upgrade memory? I read somewhere on this forum that there is accessible and inaccessible slots for memory card. Is it true? Refurbished I am considering comes with 256 mb and I will certainly expand it but will I have to get it done professionally and will it void warranty?

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

To answer your first question, I'd be almost positive that your refurb powerbook will come with all the software a new one has. As for your second question, installing ram is very easy. Here's a link to give you step-by-step instructions. Just download the document.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86518

I have a 12" PB and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm sure you'll love yours as well.
    Best wishes with your mac.

JOD8FY

3. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

By the way, RAM is a consumer installable part and will not void your warranty. Also, I hear that Crucial memory (www.crucial.com) has very good prices and is a very reputable company. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Hope this helps, any other questions, just ask.

JOD8FY