Buying PB in LA

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by NeoDevIL, Jul 22, 2004.

1. NeoDevIL macrumors newbie

Jul 15, 2004
    Other side of the Atlantic...

Im going to LA in August for about 13 days and i checked the apple site for retailer and they got something called The Grove. i was wonderin how long would it take to "make" my PB? more then those 13 days i would be there?

My PB would be something like this: 15", 1.5GHZ, 128MB VRAM, 80GB 5400rpm HDD and NO superdrive! For 2449$ (NO Tax)

Im from europe and theres a huge price difference between my country and the US. Just an e.g. a normal 15"PB 1.5GHZ SD its 2.740€ wich is about 3290$ with tax!

Last question, how much is the us tax for computers, what would be the final price on the 2449$ PB!?!

:D thkx all :D
  2. daxdagr8t macrumors member

Jun 1, 2004
    tax here in cali is 8.25% but im pretty sure that it will take the same time if your order a BTO from the online store or the physical store.
  3. krimson macrumors 65816

Oct 29, 2003
    Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    im thinking that since the Grove is supposed to be the LA area flagship store, they should have more in stock, but if got the stock config ($2499), im thinking you'd be able to walk out with it same day.
  4. Mr. G4 macrumors 6502

Mr. G4

Mar 29, 2002
    Rohnert Park, CA
    This is BTO it won't be available at the Physical Apple Store.
    You can only order it through Online Apple Store or Special order by a dealer. You might want to order online now and have it deliver to where you are going to stay.