Buying Phone through

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dotdotdot, Jun 13, 2005.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    I am ready to buy a Motorola RAZR V3 thru Cingular Wireless service but I have read MANY negative reviews about how sends the phone without the service being sent for another week or just not sending a service at ALL.

So, I was wondering if anyone HERE has ever purchased ANY cell phone through and their review...
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Two years ago, I bought two Nokia 3650s and T-mobile service through Amazon. The phones arrived on time with service enabled - no issues whatsoever. The T-mobile and Amazon rebates - which saved me $300 combined per phone (meaning they ended up being free) - also were honored in a timely manner.
  3. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Phew. Thank you!

I also just read a very positive thing online - Only Cingular, Verizon, and T-Mobile phones come pre activated!

Right now you can get a FREE Motorola RAZR V3 phone through Amazon - I remember last month Amazon had the Razr V3 for $100 and advertised it as the lowest price ever - guess it wasn't!!