Buying powerbook memory from apple store Canada

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by lada, Jan 10, 2004.

1. lada macrumors newbie

I read the thread "Powerbook ram-Apple brand ONLY?" and realized that it's complicated to buy memory for powerbooks. Therefore I tried to check how much more expensive it would be if I bought the memory from apple store.
    The problem I have is that I just can't find where on the canadian apple store homepage they have the memory uppgrades. It seems to be strange since I have no problems finding it on the US version of the site.

/David

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I think once you make an order for a powerbook, you can choose how much memory you want in it.

3. lada thread starter macrumors newbie

I already have the powerbook, I want to buy more memory for it.

4. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I would NOT suggest buying the ram from apple. They will overcharge you and the quality won't be any better. What kinfd of powerbook do you have?

5. lada thread starter macrumors newbie

6. lada thread starter macrumors newbie

7. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

No problem ;). I don't know how much you are looking for, but I would go for the DDR 2700 if I were you.

8. Pilgrims Pro macrumors regular

If you want to save money and get excellent memory check out www.crucial.com. I got a 512MB strip from them for my iBook, and I am extremely happy. Great company.

BTW......this is the third thread in the last five minutes I have responded to about buying RAM. hehe:D

9. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....There are lots of really places to buy ram - just make sure you buy from a place that *guarantees* that it works for your computer so that if by chance you do have a problem you can get a replacement. I have bought from Other World before and they are very very good. Crucial is very reputable too, as is Trans Intl . If you'd rather not deal with cross-border shipping, customs and all that, have a look at Canada Ram or Mostly Mac (the web prices are not always that good but if you call them they will match or beat any price usually....and they are great to deal with.......oh yeah!