1. phil connors macrumors newbie

Does anybody know where to buy cheap ram for a g4? I was thinking about 1 gb. Thanks

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

In the past someone has recommended datamem.com, but I don't have any expierence with them. I have bought from transintl.com, but I don't think they are the cheapest. Be sure to buy from someone who will guarentee it Apple compatible, because a lot of PC memory says it will work, but it won't.

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i would recommend buying rosewill brand memory from http://www.newegg.com
    it's quite cheap and works great in my computer (in sig.) i'm not sure about their non-ddr memory though, and i believe their notebook memory is not so cheap. you didnt say what sort of g4 you have but that might help some people make recommendations.

4. mikeyfern macrumors member

dealram.com has always served me well. It's a search engine for finding the best price on mac ram.

I ended up buying from 18004memory.com and its been fine.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I have bought from Crucial in the past, but I usually avoid them because they're so expensive. MemoryX sells the exact same modules that you get from Apple, for much cheaper. I've bought from them a couple of times.

6. phil connors thread starter macrumors newbie

its a powermac (agp graphics). thanks for the recommendations guys. i appreciate it. im going to check them out.

keep 'em coming

7. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

The amount of MHz would be more useful. Powerpc doesn't narrow it down enough. You can find this by clicking the Apple and then clicking About This Mac. Look under processor and then you'll find out how many MHz or possibly GHz your computer has (That's for OS 10.3)

8. phil connors thread starter macrumors newbie

9. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I went to 3 different sites and they all said that your computer can't support a 1 GB RAM chip. If you want to upgrade to 1 GB your going to have to buy 2 512 MB chips or you could go with 4 256 MB chips. Having 2 512 MB chips is much better. According to those sites your computer can support a maximum of 1.5 GB of memory and your computer has 4 memory slots.

10. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

11. phil connors thread starter macrumors newbie

really mac? i guess ill get just get another 512mb then. thanks again everybody!